- 1 cup (114g) blanched almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (50g) raw honey
- 1/2 cup (117g) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons (22g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with baking cups, or use a non-stick silicone muffin pan.
- Mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, coconut milk, coconut oil, and egg.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each to the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- Set pan over a wire rack to cool and wait until muffins are completely cool before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. You can freeze them too if you like. Double the recipe to make 12 muffins. *Frozen/thawed blueberries may not work well in this recipe because they add moisture.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories: 216kcal; Carbohydrates: 12g; Protein: 5g; Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 8g
AUTHOR: Adriana Harlan – LivingHealthyWithChocolate.com