- 2 green plantains
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (omit for low FODMAP)
- Herbs of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice off both ends of the plantains and score the skin lengthwise, being careful not to cut through the flesh. Peel off the skin and discard.
- Use a spiralizer at the thickest setting to spiralize the plantains. Cut the long strips into shorter, bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the spiralized plantain with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread out over the parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Do not crowd the pan. Use 2 baking sheets if necessary.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip over the fries carefully.
- Bake for additional 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more salt, then serve immediately.