Mushrooms are high in selenium and B vitamins like riboflavin and niacin. These minerals and vitamins are necessary for the immune system to work in tip top form. Mushrooms are also high in polysaccharides, sugar-like molecules that boost immune function.
- 1 ½ lb. mixed wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup. coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. ghee (or butter)
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. tapioca starch (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt the ghee in a large saucepan placed over medium high.
- Add the shallots and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to medium-low, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, season to taste, and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tapioca starch if you like your soups thicker.
- Mix in the chopped parsley and serve.