- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- 1 cup sprouting broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- large pinch cayenne pepper, plus extra to serve
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small pack parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shelled peas
- 1/4 cup podded broad beans
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pea shoots
- Greek yogurt and gluten free bread, to serve
- Trim or snap the woody ends of the asparagus and finely slice the spears, leaving the tips and about 3/4in at the top intact. Finely slice the broccoli in the same way, leaving the heads and about 3/4in of stalk intact. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the spring onions, sliced asparagus and sliced broccoli, and fry gently until the veggies soften a little, then add the cumin seeds, cayenne, tomatoes (with their juices), parsley and plenty of seasoning, and stir. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 mins to make a base sauce, then add the asparagus spears, broccoli heads, peas and broad beans, cover again and cook for 2 mins.
- Make 4 dips in the mixture. Break an egg into each dip, arrange half the pea shoots around the eggs, season well, cover with a lid and cook until the egg whites are just set. Serve with the rest of the pea shoots, a spoonful of yogurt and some flatbreads, and sprinkle over another pinch of cayenne, if you like.