- 2 1/4 cups rhubarb, cut into 4cm/1½in chunks
- 1/2 cup golden caster sugar
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp strawberry conserve
- 2 eggs, separated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the rhubarb in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle over 1/4 cup of the sugar and the orange zest and stir together. Cover and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until tender.
- Remove the rhubarb from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Stir in the conserve then the egg yolks. Divide the rhubarb mixture between four 6 oz ramekins. Put on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes until lightly thickened.
- While the rhubarb is cooking, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Sprinkle in half of the remaining sugar and whisk again. Gently fold in the rest of the sugar. Pile the meringue on top of the rhubarb to cover it completely and swirl the top. Return to the oven for 10 minutes until the meringue is puffy and golden. Serve immediately.