- 1 pint strawberries, quartered (about 2 cup)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Store your ice cream freezer bowl in the freezer for at least 15 hours before use.
- In a small saucepan, add strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brought to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about five minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a high-speed blender, blend coconut milk, honey, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Transfer coconut milk mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 25-30 minutes.
- Using a spatula, transfer half of the ice cream mixture to a freezer-safe container (loaf pan works well). Add half of strawberry mixture. Repeat and swirl with knife, spatula, or chopstick to create layers.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer to harden for at least 4-6 hours.
- Let soften at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.