5 Servings : 1hour 15 mins
Chicken Rub (Sub Creole Seasoning)
- 2 1/2 – 3 pound chicken thighs , about 5-6
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon bouillon powder , you may replace with salt
Pineapple Glazed Chicken
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 2 cups pineapple Juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 sprig of thyme
- ¼ cup onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pepper to taste
- Trim chicken of excess fat and pat dry with a cloth or paper napkin.
- Wash chicken thighs, wipe with a paper towel. Salt and Pepper chicken
- Combine spices and mix well. Sprinkle both sides with generous amount of the spice blend.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place about 1 tablespoon or more of oil in a cast iron, or frying pan.
- Add chicken to the pan and sear for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until slightly browned, it’s going to finish up browning in the oven. Set aside. Clean pan if there are any burns.
- In the same pan, add pineapple brown for about 7 minutes or until pineapple is caramelized.
- Add garlic, onions, smoked paprika and pepper sauce- sriracha (optional)
- Add about 2 cups of pineapple juice and honey bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes. Adjust for seasoning with about 1-2 teaspoons more of chicken rub spices.
- Place the chicken back in the cast iron with a sprig of thyme, then bake for about 35 -40 minutes until chicken is done.
- Remove from oven let it cool before serving. You may garnish with parsley.