A nice blend of ginger, turmeric, and carotenoid-rich carrots, this is a refreshing drink that will cool you off in the summer sun while protecting your skin.
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1 large ripe banana (previously peeled, sliced and frozen // more for a sweeter smoothie)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger (peeled // 1 small knob yields ~1/2 Tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (1/2 small lemon yields ~1 Tbsp or 15 ml)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Make carrot juice by adding carrots and filtered water to a high speed blender and blending on high until completely pureed and smooth. Add more water if it has trouble blending / scrape down sides as needed.
- Drape a large, thin dish towel over a mixing bowl and pour over the juice. Then lift up on the corners of the towel and begin twisting and squeezing the juice out until all of the liquid is extracted. Set aside pulp for smoothies, or baked goods (such as carrot muffins).
- Transfer carrot juice to a mason jar – will keep for several days, though best when fresh.
- To the blender add smoothie ingredients and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add more carrot juice or almond milk if it has trouble blending. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more banana or pineapple for sweetness, lemon for acidity, ginger for bite, and turmeric for warmth.
- Divide between two glasses (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) and serve. Best when fresh.