- 1 tablespoon bacon fat duck fat or fat of choice
- 3 ounces cooked sausage chopped or crumbled
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup butternut squash cubed and roasted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons mixed fresh herbs or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Beat eggs, salt and pepper and herbs until well-combined.
- Add fat to 10-inch oven-proof skillet and sauté onions and peppers until soft. Add sausage and squash and cook until heated through. Pour eggs over filling and cook until edges start to set.
- Put pan in oven and broil until frittata is puffed and brown on top, 3-5 minutes.