- 3 Tbsp apple juice
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp mustard brown or dijon
- 1/2 tbsp date paste *or pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup light olive oil or avocado oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 lb sweet potatoes cubed (1/2”)
- 1 lb brussels sprouts quartered
- cooking oil melted, and Sea salt, to roast veggies
- 8 slices bacon nitrate free, sugar free for Whole30
- 1/2 onion medium, chopped
- 1 large apple firm, sweet, crisp diced
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a tall container and use an immersion blender to combine until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss veggies in melted coconut oil and sprinkle with salt. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until soft and toasty.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook bacon until crisp, drain, and reserve 1-2 tbsp fat in the skillet.
- Lower heat to medium and add onions, cook 45 seconds or until soft, then add the apples and pecans and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until toasty. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and sea salt & pepper to taste, stir. Add in the raisins, crumble in the bacon and cook another 15-30 seconds to heat through.
- Toss with the roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. Serve in bowls drizzled with vinaigrette. Enjoy!