Add some spookiness to your party spread with these naturally green and creamy Avocado and Wasabi Halloween Deviled Eggs, with NO artificial food coloring.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 large avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
- Place in eggs and blueberries in a small pot.
- Cover eggs with water, cover pot and bring to boil over high heat.
- Let eggs boil for 5 minutes, then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in the blueberry water for 10 more minutes.
- Remove eggs, one at a time, and gently press and crack the shell with the back of the spoon.
- Place cracked eggs in a bowl and add the blueberry water. Allow eggs to cool to room temperature, then place the eggs in the blueberry water in the refrigerator for 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks and place in a bowl.
- Add avocado, wasabi, lemon juice and salt to the egg yolks and mash together until smooth.
- Place avocado mix into a piping bag and pipe into the hollowed egg halves or use a spoon and scoop them back into th egg halves.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Prior to serving, garnish eggs with sesame seeds.