- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon each: dried parsley, dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- extra butter, ghee, or other fat of choice for greasing and baking
- 4 peppers (I like using yellow or orange, but use what you like!), tops cut off and seeds cleaned out
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup butter or ghee
- 2 avocados
- ½ – 1 jalapeno, seeded, and minced
- ¼ of a medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- sea salt, to taste
Notes: If you are cutting Halloween faces in the peppers, do so before they go in the oven!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix your dried spices together.
- Place your chicken breast and sliced onions in a single layer on a greased or parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle the entire pan with dried spices. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place a small pat of butter or other fat of choice over each chicken breast.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, melt ¼ cup butter in a pot over medium low heat. Once melted add in hot sauce and stir. Set aside.
- If you are making guacamole, make it now (see instructions below).
- Once chicken is cooked, run a knife through the chicken and onions until chicken is in small bite size pieces.
- Combine chicken with the hot sauce mixture.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly in all 4 peppers.
- Place stuffed peppers in a baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until peppers are softened to your liking.
- Serve with Guacamole. Enjoy!
- Mash all guacamole ingredients together until desired consistency.