- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 pounds broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 6 cups packed fresh spinach
In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
Add onions and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened.
Add garlic, basil, sea salt, and pepper.
Cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Stir in broccoli, cooked quinoa, and broth.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
Stir in spinach and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Working in batches, transfer soup to a food processor and purée until smooth.
Return to pot and warm to desired temperature.
From the 1º of Change Cookbook http://bit.ly/1XpoOBf